Jaybee Bagunu - Twerking Pop-up Workshop
- Thursday April 2 at 3:00-4:30pm *POSTPONED!
• History: a brief explanation of the origins of twerking, to understand the root & essence of where it all came from.
• Drills: hips, cheeks, groove, weight transfers, technique, etc.
• Combo: all levels welcome! No matter how experienced you are, we will go through the choreography together and empower one another. This is a safe space & welcoming environment for anyone and everyone!
Rubberband Dance Group (Montreal) CANCELLED
- Contemporary Guest Class
- Thursday March 19 at 6:30pm
With Rubberband Contemporary Dance Company member Amara Barner, presented by DanceHouse. $21.
The hallmark of the company, the RUBBERBAND Method comprises a unique choreographic vocabulary developed by Victor Quijada. It is now taught throughout the world in university programs, workshops, and master classes.
Fascinated by the raw dynamic of Hip Hop/break-dancing and the purity of classical formalism, Quijada has been demolishing barriers between these contrasting dance styles for more than 15 years now. The RUBBERBAND Method initiates participants to movements issuing from the blending of urban and contemporary dance, with a focus on interpretation, decision-taking, the use of rhythmic variations, and partnering. This movement technique emphasizes transitioning from vertical to horizontal and prepares dancers with classical or contemporary training for floor work.
Workshops in the RUBBERBAND Method are offered to established professional dancers who want to diversify their expressive language, as well as to advanced dance students.
Performing Ever So Slightly March 20 & 21, 2020, 8pm at the Vancouver Playhouse.