COVID-19 Studio Policies
New & updated policies
- Last updated November 24th, 2020
- Due to the new BC Health order we will be closed temporarily as of 3pm today. We will do our best to keep you updated as to when we are able to re-open. Our live-stream classes are still up and running!
I will not attend Harbour Dance Centre if..
- In the past 14 days, I have had any symptom of COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, running nose/nasal congestion, headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, loss of appetite or difficulty breathing;
- I or anyone I live with has tested positive for COVID-19, and I have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officials;
- In the past 14 days, I have had close contact with a person who, to my knowledge, had any symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19, and I have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officials; or
- I am currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
Please wear a mask (New)
We now require everyone to wear masks while in our studio at all times including during classes. You may bring your own mask or purchase an HDC one for $15 + tax.
Sanitize your hands (New)
Please hand sanitize upon entering the building.
Reduced class sizes (Updated)
Class size was reduced by approximately 75% to allow for 3 meter distance between dancers. Studio #1 - max 14; Studio #2 - max 14; Studio #3 - closed; Studio #4 - max 14; Studio #5 - max 17
Social distance (Updated)
Stay within your 3-meter box while in class. We will ask instructors to have choreography not travel too much to cross lines and remove across-the-floor from the curriculum. Please as a student watch your spacing when taking turns (waiting or dancing in groups). And after class, please exit as soon as possible and avoid socializing.
We have a 15 minute buffer between classes to allow time for proper disinfecting as well as adequate time to enter/exit the building and avoid congestion in the walkways.
Online registration only
We no longer accept walk-in's. All classes must be booked ahead of time on our website or through our HDC app. Class sign in closes 10 minutes before class.
One way path
We have designated our Granville street entrance as the entry, and the back staircase to the alley as the exit. An HDC staff member will be present to show you where to go.
Jazz warm up / Stretch & Strength
We will be eliminating shared resources such as gym mats. Please bring your own towel or yoga mat to minimize your contact with the floor.
No changing rooms
A reminder that the changing rooms are closed. Please come dressed for class. Only use the bathrooms to change after class, if you absolutely have to, to distance yourself from others.