New & updated policies
- March 10th 2022
- Mask Mandate update - Starting March 11th, masks will no longer be mandatory at Harbour Dance Centre.
- Vaccination Passports - Starting April 8, proof of vaccination will no longer be required to access businesses, events and services in B.C. More info click here.
I will not attend Harbour Dance Centre If..
- In the past 14 days, I have had any symptom of COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, running nose/nasal congestion, headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, loss of appetite or difficulty breathing;
- I or anyone I live with has tested positive for COVID-19, and I have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officials;
- In the past 14 days, I have had close contact with a person who, to my knowledge, had any symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19, and I have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officials; or
- I am currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
Reduced class sizes (Updated)
Class size was reduced to allow for distance between dancers. Studio #1 - max 25 Studio #2 - max 40; Studio #3 -max 8; Studio #4 - max 30; Studio #5 - max 40
Social distance (Updated)
Please as a student watch your spacing when taking turns (waiting or dancing in groups).
We have a 15 minute buffer between classes to allow time for proper disinfecting as well as adequate time to enter/exit the building and avoid congestion in the walkways.
Online registration only
We no longer accept walk-in's. All classes must be booked ahead of time on our website or through our HDC app. Class sign in closes 10 minutes before class.
One way path
We have designated our Granville street entrance as the entry, and the back staircase to the alley as the exit. An HDC staff member will be present to show you where to go.
Stretch & Strength
We will be eliminating shared resources such as gym mats. Please bring your own towel or yoga mat to minimize your contact with the floor.
Have there been any transmissions of COVID-19 at HDC?
No. There were two closures where a participant attended class and was found to be COVID-19 positive a few days later. We decided to close the studio to prevent any further potential transmissions because we want to keep our community safe. These closures happened in August 2020.
Did you receive approval to reopen?
Health authority approval to re-open is not required but safety inspections continue regularly. We have updated our COVID-19 safety plan, which can be found online and posted at multiple locations within our building.
Are there still virtual classes offered?
Virtual classes are still offered online for many of our in studio classes. See classes with *Livestream* in the title.
Have there been any changes to fees?
We are not offering Pro-Rate at the moment (*except CADA Members). With class capacity down to 50%, we cannot afford to sell Pro-rate cards to stay open. We hope to resume that option when we are fully open.
The class I love fills quickly. When is the earliest I can sign up for classes?
Class sign up begins 3 days before class and opens at midnight. We know that some of our popular classes fill quickly due to class size restrictions. Online classes are available for most of our popular classes.
When will I get the link for my livestream class?
The livestream class link is emailed to you approximately 30 minutes prior to class start time. If you haven’t received a link 15 minutes before class, please call the studio (604) 684-9542.