New & updated policies
- January 20th 2022
- Masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. to help slow the transmission of COVID-19 as B.C. prepares for the fall and respiratory illness season. You may remove your mask only when dancing or having a drink. Please wear your mask when entering and leaving the studio.
- Vaccination Passports - By order of the Provincial Health Officer, proof of vaccination will be required to access Harbour Dance Centre. Starting September 13, you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. By October 24, you must be fully vaccinated. This temporary restriction will be in place at least until January 31, 2022.
If you are unable to provide a proof of vaccine at this time, we will make class card expiry extensions. We apologize in advance for the hardships this may cause some of our members who will not be able to attend temporarily.
After receiving your vaccine card from the PHO, you'll be able to save your vaccine card to your smartphone and show it when you check-in for class. A secure paper option will also be available for September 13. More info click here.
I will not attend Harbour Dance Centre If..
- In the past 14 days, I have had any symptom of COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, running nose/nasal congestion, headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, loss of appetite or difficulty breathing;
- I or anyone I live with has tested positive for COVID-19, and I have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officials;
- In the past 14 days, I have had close contact with a person who, to my knowledge, had any symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19, and I have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officials; or
- I am currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
You may remove your mask only while dancing. Please wear your mask when entering and exiting the studio and in all common areas.
Sanitize your hands
Please hand sanitize upon entering the building.
Reduced class sizes (Updated)
Class size was reduced by approximately 50% to allow for distance between dancers. Studio #1 - max 18; Studio #2 - max 18; Studio #3 -max 6; Studio #4 - max 16; Studio #5 - max 25
Social distance (Updated)
Please as a student watch your spacing when taking turns (waiting or dancing in groups). And after class, please exit as soon as possible and avoid socializing.
We have a 15 minute buffer between classes to allow time for proper disinfecting as well as adequate time to enter/exit the building and avoid congestion in the walkways.
Online registration only
We no longer accept walk-in's. All classes must be booked ahead of time on our website or through our HDC app. Class sign in closes 10 minutes before class.
One way path
We have designated our Granville street entrance as the entry, and the back staircase to the alley as the exit. An HDC staff member will be present to show you where to go.
Stretch & Strength
We will be eliminating shared resources such as gym mats. Please bring your own towel or yoga mat to minimize your contact with the floor.
No changing rooms
A reminder that the changing rooms are closed. Please come dressed for class. Only use the bathrooms to change after class, if you absolutely have to, to distance yourself from others.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Harbour Dance Centre is complying with provincial health orders and regulations, which includes wearing masks in all indoor places. To prevent exposure of COVID-19 in the workplace, HDC requires masks to be worn at all times while in our building except during dance class.
Have there been any transmissions of COVID 19 at HDC?
No. There were two closures where a participant attended class and was found to be COVID 19 positive a few days later. We decided to close the studio to prevent any further potential transmissions because we want to keep our community safe. These closures happened in August 2020.
Do you make exceptions to the provincial vaccine passport mandate?
No unfortunately we cannot. For those who can’t get vaccinated we offer online classes and also have the HDC-On-Demand that can be accessed anytime/anywhere. www.hdcondemand.com
Did you receive approval to reopen?
Health authority approval to re-open is not required but safety inspections continue regularly. We have updated our COVID-19 safety plan, which can be found online and posted at multiple locations within our building.
Are there still virtual classes offered?
Virtual classes are still offered online for many of our in studio classes. See classes with *Livestream* in the title.
Have there been any changes to fees?
We are not offering Pro-Rate at the moment (*except CADA Members). With class capacity down to 50%, we cannot afford to sell Pro-rate cards to stay open. We hope to resume that option when we are fully open.
The class I love fills quickly. What is the earliest I can sign up for classes?
Class sign up begins 3 days before class and opens at midnight. We know that some of our popular classes fill quickly due to class size restrictions. Online classes are available for most of our popular classes.
When will I get the link for my livestream class?
The livestream class link is emailed to you approximately 30 minutes prior to class start time. If you haven’t received a link 15 minutes before class, please call the studio (604) 684-9542.